Friday, January 15, 2010

Shots of Spain and the El Camino

A year ago this past September, my friend Barb and I finished a journey that took us 4 years to complete. The 950 year old trail known by many travelers by many names, heads south from France over the Pyrenees into Spain and West to Santiago De Compostela.
The levels of history are deep. The best definition I have heard is that the "El Camino" is like traveling through a continuous museum.
The End of the "Road to Santiago" ends in a huge stone city that is said to have the remains of St James and one of the most incredible places I have ever been. Here are some of the photos from our trip. I hope you enjoy my Photographs and remember to "click" on them to make them larger.

















Free wine on the trail for Pilgrims only.











We will come back to the "Compestella de Santigao" and stoyrs about our trip, another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page

Free Blog Counter