Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I admit it - I am a Wimp!

posted by Danni

So, this morning when I was taking my daughter to school I decided that the day was cold, raw, and on the unpleasant side and I really wasn't looking forward to going biking. When I got home I scolded myself for being such a wimp and went about getting myself ready for the ride. However, when it came time to put Ben in the car and I went out and it was still cold, raw, and unpleasant, I was really second guessing myself as to whether I truly wanted to ride or not. I came into the house and called Scott who was quick to assure me that, "Yes, the first 15 minutes of the ride are really going to SUCK!!!!" (Oh great, that’s just what I needed to hear!) He continued to say that he had ridden yesterday in the same sort of weather and after the start it ended up being a really nice ride. O.K! He convinced me. I was going to ride. I know from experience that often the best times are had when you are most reluctant to start out and you have low expectations. I was in! I got in my car and started to drive to Scott's house and half way there, of course, it started to rain.

At this point I figured the powers of the universe were doing their best to convince me that today just wasn't a day for me to ride. Now, I'm going to guess that by Scott's house not a single drop of rain has fallen, nor will it, because I cancelled the ride and the powers of universe were just trying to make me look like a wimp. (They succeeded!) However I am 100% certain that had I sucked it up and insisted on riding, we would have gotten to the furthest point away from Scott's house where there were no public places in which to take cover, and it would have started pouring and the gods would be laughing at me for not heeding their warnings. So there you have it. The gods have won. I admit it. I am a wimp!!

Now, I am well aware that after teasing the boys who rode last Tuesday about their misadventures, that I am leaving myself wide open to much ridicule given the fact that I actually backed out of today's ride. However, I have come to realize that I am the only person who, after having read the weather forecast, still RSVP'd yes for the ride. Now call it stupidity, lack of experience, wishful thinking, etc., but I was really hoping the ride would work out today and I still feel terrible for canceling. So Scott, given that you were the ONLY person who was up to doing the ride today, please feel free to tease me mercilessly. All of you others, I just want to point out that you bagged out even before I did. So if any of YOU would like to give me a hard time for wimping out, I am putting my fingers in my ears and humming loudly in a sing-song voice, "I'm not listening!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page

Free Blog Counter