Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My mapmyride Spring Challenge Status

posted by Danni

I just thought I'd give an update on my mapmyride mileage status. Happily, I am currently on vacation in Bonaire in the Netherland Antilles. Before leaving home I had ridden 90 miles out of my 100. I was hoping to do the last 10 miles here on the island on a mountain bike. The resort claimed that they rented mountain bikes so I brought my bike shorts, my bike shirt, and my helmet. (Heck! I even brought bike snacks!! Well, snacks for me, not for the bike ;-) I was planning on finishing off my 100 miles in 'island style.'

However, this morning when I went to inquire about renting a mountain bike, I was informed that they had decided to discontinue the mountain bike program this very week. Saturday, the day I arrived, was the last day to be able to rent bikes. Just my luck! It turns out too many people were returning the bikes completely destroyed. The weekly maintenance on the bikes was becoming too much of a burden and they weren't making any money on the rentals. Sadness!!

I had planned on writing an article about how I had cheated on Ben. (Yes, my recumbent has a name. For more on that read my article: The Perils of Naming a Bike!) I was going to write about being unfaithful to my recumbent and whether I enjoyed the infidelity or not, but alas, it is not going to happen this vacation. I guess I'll just have to spend more time in the water, scuba diving with the fishies, and finish off my 100 miles when I return home.

And maybe, just maybe, if I'm really nice to Scott he will find a way to take me mountain biking this summer – but shhhhhh!! Whatever you do, don't tell Ben!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page

Free Blog Counter